Medical College of St Bartholomew's Hospital
Building From 1921
From AIM: "Medical students at St Bartholomew's Hospital are first recorded in 1662. The School and the Hospital were formally separated in 1921, when the School was incorporated with a new title, the Medical College of St Bartholomew's Hospital in the City of London. In 1933-1934 the Medical College purchased the site of the former Merchant Taylors' School in Charterhouse Square. This acquisition enabled it to re-house the pre-clinical departments, which were previously in cramped quarters on the west side of Giltspur Street. In the Second World War, however, the college suffered badly. Most of the buildings on the Charterhouse Square site were damaged or destroyed. The rebuilding of the Charterhouse Square site was not completed until 1963."
In 1995 the College was renamed: St Bartholomew's and The Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry.