mobile nav


Lloyd's of London 1928 building

Building  From 1928  To 1978

Categories: Property

Lloyd's first purpose-built premises, at 12 Leadenhall Street. Needing more space Lloyds commissioned the 1958 building, where the Willis building now stands. The 1928 building was demolished to make way for the current "inside-out" Richard Rogers' building. On past performance this is, in its turn, already overdue for demolition.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Lloyd's of London 1928 building

Information Commemorated at

Lloyd's of London 1928 building foundation stone

This is the foundation stone of the 1928 Lloyd's building.

Read More