mobile nav


John Knox Presbyterian Church

Building  From 1844  To 1941

Categories: Religion

The church was built on the site of what is now Clichy House. The street at that time was Green Street but the address of the church seems to have been Oxford Street, the name the street took just one block west. The whole street now is Stepney Way. Redevelopment after the war led to the destroyed church being rebuilt in 1955, 55 yards to the west, presumably as John Knox Presbyterian Church.  Then in 1972 as part of the amalgamation of the Congregationalists and the Presbyterians to form the United Reformed Church, John Knox merged with, and took on the name of, Stepney Meeting House.

We could not find a picture of the church but here's a communion token instead.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
John Knox Presbyterian Church

Information Commemorated at

Stepney Meeting House

This church, the Stepney Meeting House United Reformed Church, is a union of ...

Read More