Plaque: Stepney Meeting House
Erection date: 15/7/1955
To the glory of God revealed in Jesus Christ, this stone was laid on July 15th 1955 by the Reverend James A. Little MA.
This building replaces one which stood fifty five yards to the east, built 1844 - bombed 1941.
This church, the Stepney Meeting House United Reformed Church, is a union of the former Stepney Meeting House Congregational Church founded in 1644, and John Knox Presbyterian Church of England whose origins lie in the Presbyterian Meeting Houses of Wapping in the 1670s.
Site: United Reformed Church and twinning with Clichy (2 memorials)
E1, 145 Stepney Way, Stepney Meeting House United Reformed Church
The church plaque is below the large wooden cross. the twinning plaque, unusually large, is on the wall to the right, below the tree.