Plaque: twinning with Clichy
Erection date: 4/3/1961
This estate is called Clichy to mark the link established in 1957 between the Municipality of Clichy-la-Garenne, France & the Metropolitan Borough of Stepney.
This commemorative plaque was unveiled by the Mayor of Clichy, M. Georges Levillain, Vice-President of the General Council of the Seine in the presence of his deputies and the Mayor of Stepney, Councillor Mrs A. Elboz JP and members of the Stepney Borough Council on 4th March 1961.
Site: United Reformed Church and twinning with Clichy (2 memorials)
E1, 145 Stepney Way, Stepney Meeting House United Reformed Church
The church plaque is below the large wooden cross. the twinning plaque, unusually large, is on the wall to the right, below the tree.