mobile nav

Subject

Innholders' Hall

Building  From 1521 

Categories: Liveries & Guilds

Seven years after they received their first charter from Henry VIII in 1514, the Innholders are recorded as occupying a hall on the present site, beneath which lie the foundations of a Roman quay.  The Hall was destroyed in the Great Fire, rebuilt 1668-74, damaged in WW1, severely damaged in WW2 on 10th May 1941 and fully restored in 1950.

The picture shows the hall in the 1880s, the entrance on College Street which looks the same today.

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Innholders' Hall

Information Commemorated at

50873

Innholders' Hall - 1

This hall was rebuilt 1668 - 1674 after the Great Fire, damaged in World War ...

Read More