mobile nav


Glyn, Mills & Co Bank

Group  From 1753  To 1969

Categories: Commerce

Founded in London as Vere, Glyn & Hallifax. Name changes: c.1780 Glyn, Hallifax and Mills; 1850 Glyn, Mills & Co.; 1864 Glyn, Mills, Currie & Co.; 1923 Glyn, Mills Currie Holt & Co.; 1924 the name reverted to Glyn Mills & Co.

In 1939 it was sold to the Royal Bank of Scotland, but continued to trade separately. 1969 the Royal Bank of Scotland's subsidiaries in England and Wales (Glyn, Mills & Co., Williams Deacon's Bank, and the English and Welsh branches of The National Bank) were merged to form Williams & Glyn's Bank.

Had a seat in the Bankers Clearing House prior to 1866.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Glyn, Mills & Co Bank

Information Commemorated at

Bankers Clearing House - 6

{3 shields, from the top down: - anchor (Glyn, Mills & Co) - blank - 2 ba...

Read More