Engineer and builder. One of the early innovators with reinforced concrete initially in Brussels. In 1892, he patented a reinforced-concrete construction system. The first building erected using this system was the 1897 Weaver Building, in what was then the docks area of Swansea.
In 1898 he moved to Paris but by then he also had a rapidly expanding network of firms acting as agents for his system, including These included L.G. Mouchel and F.A. Macdonald & Partners in Britain so presumably these firms installed the Weaver building and the Kew footbridge.
Born France. Died Paris.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk