The Handley Page factory and aerodrome (Cricklewood Aerodrome) were on the land now occupied by the Golders Green Estate, that's the streets bounded by (and including) Cotswold Gardens and Cheviot Gardens.
The factory for Handley Page, the airline company, was established in 1912, and used the aerodrome. In 1920 a London-Paris air service was inaugurated from here. When the site closed in 1929 the Golders Green Estate was built on the site.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk