The Ivy restaurant
Place From 1917
The Ivy, opened by Abele Giandolini, as an unlicensed Italian cafe in 1917 in a building on the same site.
Famous as a theatrical-celebrities haunt, possibly due to its late closing time of near-midnight and the banning of cameras and mobile phones. Since 2008 there has been a private members' club on the three floors above the restaurant, with a hidden entrance via an adjacent flower-shop, so exclusive it seems not to have a website, just a puff in the FT.