mobile nav

Subject

Church House - Westminster

Building  From 1940 

Categories: Religion

The Westminster site was first used for Anglican church meetings and administration in 1888. In 1891 - 1902 a new design for the whole site was partially built but never completed.

The current building is Listed. From the Listing text: Assembly Hall, chapel and offices. Built 1936-40 by Sir Herbert Baker and A.T. Scott for Church of England.

Facades on: Dean's Yard, Great Smith Street, Little Smith Street and Tufton Street. Used by Parliament and the United Nations during and after WW2.

The photo shows the assembly hall.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Church House - Westminster

Information Commemorated at

Church House - centenary

This tablet was unveiled by Her Majesty the Queen on 25th October 1988 to com...

Read More

Church House - foundation stone

This foundation stone was placed here by Her Majesty Queen Mary, twentysixth ...

Read More

Church House - opened

This building was opened by His Majesty King George VI accompanied by Her Maj...

Read More