Country villa. Originally called College Place. In 1947 Southwark Council purchased the lease but as the main building was in such a poor state it had to be rebuilt from ground level, retaining only the original staircase. It then passed through several ownerships, at one point being renamed Beauberry House. It was refurbished in 2013 and is now a multi-purpose venue, particularly popular for weddings.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk