Plaque (lost): Stepney Jewish Club
Erection date: 28/6/1956
The Stepney Jewish (B'Nai Brith) Club & Settlement. This building was opened by H.M. Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother on 28th June 1956."
Our photo comes from Jewish East End. We cannot see the plaque outside the building so perhaps it is inside, or lost, or we have the wrong building.
Site: Anna and Samuel Morris (2 memorials)
E1, Beaumont Grove, Stepney Community Centre, 2-8
The Morris inscription is on one of the panels of slate which can be seen in our photo, on the back wall of the porch. We cannot find the other plaque but it does give us a date for the building and probably for the Morris plaque as well, and it suggests that the Morris family was Jewish and that the site was given to the Jewish community in Stepney.