Erection date: 24/8/2012
Russell Henderson, 1924, musician and pioneering pan artist, led the first ever carnival parade on the streets of Notting Hill in 1965.
Nubian Jak Community Trust
UK Centre for Carnival Arts
Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea
A 'pan artist' plays the traditional West Indian steel drums.
Site: Russell Henderson and Leslie Palmer (2 memorials)
W10, Tavistock Road, 69 & 70
The Henderson plaque is at number 69, (the yellow building on the left of the photograph) and Palmer's plaque is at number 70 (the building on the right).
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk