Plaque: Plaque 3
This site was first used for worship in 1573 by pioneer nonconformists - later by Huguenot refugees - In 1809 a Congregational church was formed which moved in 1860 to East Hill carrying on mission work here until the outbreak of war in 1939.
See the Wandsworth chapel for the truth of the 1573 claim.
Site: Chapel hall (5 memorials)
SW18, Chapel Yard, 2, Clore Building
Currently, 2011, used by the National Opera as a studio. The current building is a hall, opened in 1883, with a total of 6 plaques all on the main facade. Two are built into the centre of the facade between the first and second floor windows. the other four are near the ground. We've nunbered these from left to right.