Plaque: Plaque 2
In memory of the faithful witnesses for the truth who erected on this spot a house of prayer in 1573, and of the Flemish and French Protestants who, when refugees from their native lands, here maintained the evangelical faith, and brought to the country of their adoption skill and energy that had a most important influence in promoting its industrial greatness.
See the Wandsworth chapel for the truth of the 1573 claim.
Site: Chapel hall (5 memorials)
SW18, Chapel Yard, 2, Clore Building
Currently, 2011, used by the National Opera as a studio. The current building is a hall, opened in 1883, with a total of 6 plaques all on the main facade. Two are built into the centre of the facade between the first and second floor windows. the other four are near the ground. We've nunbered these from left to right.