Plaque: One Tun Ragged School
The One Tun Ragged School, founded 1853 and conducted for 26 years in what was once the One Tun public house in Perkins Rents, was transferred to these premises in 1879 and here continued under the name of the One Tun Mission until 1930 when it was amalgamated with the Wyndham-Ashley Mission, Regency Street, SW.
Site: One Tun Ragged School (1 memorial)
SW1, Old Pye Street, 8, St Ann's Lane House
These premises are now Peabody Trust housing.
Londonist have a good page on this area, once know as the Devil's Acre, "widely regarded as London's most atrocious slum — indeed, this was the place to which the word slum was first applied".