mobile nav

Memorial

Montagu Pyke and The Marquee Montagu Pyke and The Marquee

Plaque: Montagu Pyke and The Marquee

Inscription

The Montagu Pyke
This is the site of the former 'Marquee Club' which closed in 1995, originally built as a cinema in 1911 by Montagu Pyke, his 16th and final cinema.
Charing Cross Road, London

Site: Montagu Pyke and The Marquee (1 memorial)

WC2, Charing Cross Road, The Montagu Pyke pub, 105-107

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
Montagu Pyke and The Marquee

Information Subjects commemorated

72193

Cambridge Circus Cinematograph Theatre

Our 1960 picture comes from Warsaw1948 which has a wonderful collection of ol...

Read More

72058

Montagu Pyke

In 1908 Pyke converted two shops at 164-166 Edgware Road into a cinema. This ...

Read More

48434

Marquee Club

First opened on 19 April 1958 at 165 Oxford Street and then in 1964 moved to ...

Read More