Plaque: London Pavilion
On this site between 1885 and 1934 stood the re-sited London Pavilion built following the demolition of its predecessor in Tichborne Street. The first West End theatre to introduce the now familiar 'tip-up' seats, the London Pavilion was converted into a cinema in 1934, and a retail and entertainment centre in 1988.
Theatreland - Heart of the Performing Arts in London
A joint venture by the City of Westminster and the Society of West End Theatre
Site: London Pavilion (1 memorial)
W1, Great Windmill Street