Erection date: 2009
Scottish architect and designer of the Glasgow School of Art, Charles Rennie Mackintosh, worked from this building from 1915 to 1923.
His wife and fellow artist, Margaret MacDonald, had the adjoining studio.
The unveiling of this plaque marks the centenary of the Mackintosh Building at the Glasgow School of Art, 1909-2009.
The Glasgow School of Art
Site: Charles Rennie Mackintosh (1 memorial)
SW3, Glebe Place, 43a, 2 Hans Studios
Mackintosh Architecture refers to a number of local projects which Mackintosh was involved with at this time. The 'Mystery House' one did not come off, but a number of others did. We have to assume that they were relatively minor modifications since they are not known as Mackintosh creations.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk