This block was built by the Mercers Company in 1904. It was named after Coburg, the part of Germany where Prince Albert (1819 - 1861), the husband of Queen Victoria came from.
Tower Hamlets Community Housing THCH
Site: Coburg Dwellings (1 memorial)
E1, Hardinge Street, Coburg Dwellings
There are four 'Mercers' Maidens' on the block. Next door is the Convent of Sisters of Mercy, which also has a maiden.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk