Vestry of St Pancras
This stone was fixed on the 11th day of August 1877 by The Right Honourable Gerard James Noel PC, MP., First Commissioner of Her Majesty's Works and Public Buildings at whose suggestion a part of the royal demesne Regents Park was given up for this great public improvement, assisted by
William Thornton, George Alfred Nodes - Churchwardens
James Hoppey - Chair
Thomas Bentley Westacott - Deputy Chairman of the General Purposes Committee
upon the direction of which committee the plans of this bridge were designed and prepared for the vestry of St Pancras by
William Booth Scott, member of the Institution of Civil Engineers - Engineer
Kirk & Randall - Contractors
Thomas Eccleston Gibb - Vestry Clerk
The close up photo was taken some months (and some graffiti) after the other photo.
Site: Gloucester Gate Bridge (NW) (1 memorial)
This stone records the gift of part of Regent's Park for the building of the bridge. Another similar stone at the south-east corner records the opening of the bridge to the public. The other two corners each has a bronze panel. See St Pancras for more information.