Erection date: 15/7/1993
Site of Gerald Road police station, 1846-1993, unveiled by Paul Condon Q.P.M. M.A., 15th July 1993.
Site: Gerald Road Police Station (1 memorial)
SW1, Gerald Road, 60
The lamp here has lost its blueness. Caroline's Miscellany explains that the practice of hanging blue lamps outside police stations started in 1861. Another blue lamp was saved from a demolished Islington police station and serves as a memorial.
Note the unusual bollard which can be seen in our picture.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk