mobile nav


Whitgift School

Picture source

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of

Whitgift School

Building  From 1596 

Categories: Education

Founded by John Whitgift. It was originally located in North End, Croydon and moved to its current site, Haling Park in 1931. Between 1871 and 1946 it was known as Whitgift Grammar School, after which it relinquished its direct grant and became a fully independent school under its current name.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Whitgift School

Information Commemorated at

Hospital of the Holy Trinity

{Beneath the arms of Archbishop Whitgift:} The Hospital of the Holy Trinity f...

Read More