Walham Green Station
Building From 1905
Walham Green station originally served the Metropolitan District Railway's extension from West Brompton to Putney Bridge. The first station was opened in March 1880 (see the Picture source for a photo of that building) but this was replaced in 1910 by the current building (listed), designed by Harry W. Ford, needed to accommodate the crowds using the new Stamford Bridge stadium. The name was changed to Fulham Broadway in 1952. The entrance became redundant in 2003 when the adjoining site, to the right, was developed into a shopping mall and now houses the entrance to the station. The shop unit to the east (right) of the entrance was originally a Lyons tea room.