mobile nav

Subject

Teddington Locks

Building  From 1810 

Categories: Transport

The first lock was constructed in timber in 1810. This become delapidated and new locks were built by the Corporation of the City of London 1856-8. Footbridges were added in 1889 and the barge lock, was built in 1904–1905.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Teddington Locks

Information Commemorated at

51811

Teddington Lock - 1857

This plaque surely can't have been intended to be submerged? Did they accide...

Read More

51825

Teddington Lock - 1858

We found the punctuation on this plaque so peculiar we have transcribed it ex...

Read More