mobile nav

Subject

Teddington Locks

Building  From 1810 

Categories: Transport

The first lock was constructed in timber in 1810. This become delapidated and new locks were built by the Corporation of the City of London 1856-8. Footbridges were added in 1889 and the barge lock, was built in 1904–1905.

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Teddington Locks

Information Commemorated at

51811

Teddington Lock - 1857

This plaque surely can't have been intended to be submerged? Did they accide...

Read More

51825

Teddington Lock - 1858

We found the punctuation on this plaque so peculiar we have transcribed it ex...

Read More