mobile nav


T. H. Adamson & Sons

T. H. Adamson & Sons

Group  From 1790 

Categories: Property

Builders active in 1887. Andrew Behan’s research has discovered:

From Wandsworth Heritage Service: "T H Adamson & Sons was founded around 1790 in Chiswick, by Thomas Adamson, and was re-named T H Adamson & Sons in 1852, by the original founder's son, Thomas Henry Adamson, with works at Putney, Chiswick and Ealing. The Putney works were at 129 Putney High Street. the site of Essex House, which was demolished in 1872. As well as general building works, the firm also carried out decorative works, and had a showroom at 145 Putney High Street. They were responsible for the stonework on the Cromwell Statue in Westminster Hall Gardens and the Gladstone Memorial on the Strand, as well as repairs to the Clerestorys and the construction of a new Rose Window in Westminster Abbey. The firm worked on several churches, including All Saints, Putney and Trinity Church, Streatham, as well as the Regal Cinema in Putney and Westminster School." Wandsworth hold records for the period 1861-73.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
T. H. Adamson & Sons

Information Commemorated at

St Michael & All Angels Church - additions foundation stone

The church designed by Norman Shaw, was built in 1879. This foundation stone ...

Read More