St Paul's School
Group From 1509 To 1968
Founded in 1509 by Dean Colet, dean of St Paul’s Cathedral, on the site in what is now New Change. The building was destroyed in the Fire of London, and was twice rebuilt. When the school outgrew its premises, it moved to a new building in Hammersmith designed by Alfred Waterhouse. In 1968 it moved again to its present site in Lonsdale Road, Barnes. The Waterhouse building was demolished, leaving just the gates the peripheral walls, the High Master's House, and a tool hut.
See also the Junior school at Colet Court, Hammersmith.