Plaque: St Paul's School - High Master's House
Erection date: 2014
St. Paul's School
This house with attached lodge was built for the High Master of St Paul's when the school - founded next to St Paul's Cathedral with 153 pupils in 1509 - moved to Hammersmith in 1884. The architect was Alfred Waterhouse. The main school buildings at Hammersmith were demolished after the school moved again - to Barnes - in 1968.
Hammersmith and Fulham Historic Buildings Group - 2014
Site: St Paul's School - High Master's House (1 memorial)
W14, Hammersmith Road, 153, St Paul's Hotel