mobile nav

Subject

St Martin Outwich

Building  From 1300  To 1874

Categories: Religion

A medieval parish church. The name comes from the family Oteswich who supposedly rebuilt it in the 14th century. Survived the Great Fire only to be demolished in 1796 and replaced with the church in our picture (by Thomas Shepherd, 1830) which was itself demolished in 1874 when the parish was merged with St Helens.

Londonist has a photo of the crypt that still survives below Threadneedle Street.

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
St Martin Outwich

Information Commemorated at

49059

St Martin Outwich

Site of St Martin Outwich, demolished 1874. The Corporation of the City of Lo...

Read More