mobile nav

Subject

St Pancras Basin

Picture source: LondonRemembers.com

St Pancras Basin

Place  From 1870 

Categories: Commerce, Transport

Formerly known as the Midland Railway Basin (though we could find nothing under thatn name). Opened as a coal wharf. 1958 converted to a pleasure craft area. Now home to the St Pancras Cruising Club. the 1870s water tower, just to the south of the basin was moved here from its original location, a few hundred metres to the west, where the Eurostar now runs.

The picture is taken from the plaque (we could find no other) and is captioned 'Unloading coal in St Pancras Basin the late 19th century'.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
St Pancras Basin

Information Commemorated at

52200

St Pancras Basin

St Pancras Basin, just above the lock, was opened in 1870 as a coal wharf. Wh...

Read More