mobile nav

Subject

St John the Evangelist church, Wilton Road

Building  From 1874  To 11/10/1940

Categories: Religion

The picture source provides the following information: Built in 1874 as a chapel of ease to St Peter, Eaton Square. The church was destroyed in WW2 and the remains pulled down a few years later. The church was located on the west side of Wilton Road just south of Bridge Place, now occupied by 129 Wilton Road, a bland, mainly glass, modern block. The area has changed beyond recognition.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
St John the Evangelist church, Wilton Road

Information Commemorated at

73357

WW1 memorial cross - from St John's

{On stones either side of the cross:} In Memoriam 1914 - 1918 1939 - 1945 {...

Read More