Picture source: www.manfamily.org
Dating back to at least 1331, the church was destroyed in the Great Fire after which the parish united with that of St Margaret Pattens, in 1670 and then in 1954 was included in that of St Edmund the King Lombard Street.
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
St Gabriel Fen(church)
This sculpture, 'Gilt of Cain', was unveiled by Bishop Tutu in commemoration ...
In the roadway opposite stood St Gabriel Fenchurch, destroyed in the Great Fi...
The modern information board above adds nothing of historical interest.
The church gets its name from the pattens (clog-like shoes) made and sold in the lane beside the church. An early building was pulled down and reconstructed in 1538. After the Great Fire it was a...
Group, Community / Clubs, Religion, Social Welfare
Burnt at the stake in Bow (or possibly Stratford) for his Protestant beliefs.
Person, Execution, Religion
Lay brother at London Charterhouse. Taken to Newgate Prison, chained and left to starve to death.
Established under the leadership of Alexander M'Aulay to ‘promote the erection of commodious chapels in suitable situations in and around the metropolis, to assist in the enlargement of existing ch...
Group, Philanthropy, Property, Religion