Building From 1212
First mentioned as ‘Sancti Botolfi extra Bishopsgate’ in 1212. Repaired in 1671 and partially reconstructed in 1666, after the Great Fire. Demolished in the early C18th. The present church (pictured), the fourth on the site, was completed in 1729 to the designs of James Gold, under the supervision of George Dance (the elder). See the information board for more information.