mobile nav

Subject

St Botolph-without-Bishopsgate

Building  From 1212 

Categories: Religion

First mentioned as ‘Sancti Botolfi extra Bishopsgate’ in 1212. Repaired in 1671 and partially reconstructed in 1666, after the Great Fire. Demolished in the early C18th. The present church (pictured), the fourth on the site, was completed in 1729 to the designs of James Gold, under the supervision of George Dance (the elder). See the information board for more information.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
St Botolph-without-Bishopsgate

Information Commemorated at

51158

St Botolph's information board

The church has two information boards, both of a standard design, which we wo...

Read More