From Geograph British Isles: St. Antholin's, completed in 1688 and regarded as one of Wren's finest City churches, stood on the corner of Sise Lane and Budge Row/Watling Street, roughly on the site now occupied by the Temple of Mithras, before the building of Queen Victoria Street. St. Antholin (a corruption of St. Anthony) was dedicated to St. Anthony of Egypt. The spire (one of Wren's few true spires and the only stone one) was octagonal. St. Antholin's was demolished in 1875. However, in 1829, the upper part of the spire had been replaced and the portion taken down and sold for £5 to Robert Harrild, a printer, who had it erected on his property, Round Hill House in Sydenham. And here it stands, now surrounded by a cul-de-sac of modern town houses. Ian Visits tells the story with pictures.
For three other similar decapitations see St Olaves.