mobile nav

Memorial

St Antholin Church, demolished St Antholin Church

Relief: St Antholin Church, demolished

Inscription

{On a plaque below the relief:}
The church of St Antholin, demolished 1874.
Memorial tablet formerly in Budge Row resited here in memory of Douglas Alfred Barber, church warden of St Mary Aldermary, 1989 - 2000.

{At lower right the relief is inscribed:}
C. H. Mabey, Sc.

Site: St Antholin Church (2 memorials)

EC4, Queen Victoria Street

Over recent years this church has acquired at least 3 modern plaques whose purpose is, we think, mainly to entice visitors inside the church so, peevishly, we are not including them.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
St Antholin Church, demolished

Information Subjects commemorated

46794

St Antholin Church, demolished

From Geograph British Isles: St. Antholin's, completed in 1688 and regarded a...

Read More

50534

Douglas Alfred Barber

Church warden of St Mary Aldermary, 1989 - 2000.

Read More

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
St Antholin Church, demolished

Information Created by

50534

C. H. Mabey

Sculptor.  His father and son were also sculptors and at one time the ran a j...

Read More

This section lists the other memorials at the same location as the memorial on this page:
St Antholin Church, demolished

Information Also at this site

45727

St Antholin Church's railings

This plaque is on the low boundary wall, facing the pavement. The railings, p...

Read More