Royal Northern Hospital
Building From 1888 To 1997
Founded in 1856 by Dr. Sherard Freeman Statham (dismissed from University College Hospital for smacking a patient's bottom) at 11 York Road (later York Way), and expanded into numbers 9 and 10. 1862 it had to move and took on a number of different premises. Finally in 1884 the Grove House estate of over an acre on Holloway Road was acquired and the Great Northern Central Hospital opened there in 1888. “Central” was dropped from the name in 1911. The hospital extended on its own site and expanded onto neighbouring properties and other sites. It occupied much of the area bounded by: Holloway Road, Tollington Way, Axminster Road and Manor Gardens. Joined the NHS in 1948 and closed in 1992.
2014: The Northern Health Centre occupies the original 1888 Holloway Road block but apart from that and the memorial arch it was all demolished in 1997 and developed for residential and the provision of the memorial garden.
This information above all comes from the splendid Lost Hospitals of London, including the bit about the smacked bottom.
The picture shows the out-patients waiting room in 1888.