The origins of this hospital go back to a workhouse established in 1612. During WW1 it became the Lewisham Military Hospital, and after further extensions it became the University Hospital Lewisham in 1993. A major development in 2007 called Lewisham Riverside was opened by Archbishop Desmond Tutu. In 2012, a proposal to close its A&E Department was overturned by a massive public reaction. Officially, University Hospital Lewisham, it is run by the Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust.
More information at the splendid Lost Hospitals of London.
This Wikipedia photo was taken by Reading Tom and shows the remaining block from the 1893 Infirmary.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk