mobile nav


Rotherhithe Old Town Hall

Building  From 1895  To 1948

 Built in 1895 by the architects Murray and Foster.  The caryatides can be seen in the image either side of the entrance at the right.

In 1905 Rotherhithe merged with Bermondsey and St Olave and the new Bermondsey Borough Council used Bermondsey Town Hall. The old Rotherhithe Town Hall became a library and a museum. It was badly damaged in WW2 being hit on six different occasions. Our date of demolition is a guess.

The site is now, 2019, occupied by the Mayflower Tenants Association Hall, a much less imposing building.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Rotherhithe Old Town Hall

Information Commemorated at