mobile nav

Subject

P&O office 122 Leadenhall Street

Building  From 1848  To 1964

Categories: Property

In 1848 P&O moved into their new purpose-built offices at no. 122, designed by Beachcroft. In P&O soon bought numbers 123, 124 and 125 Leadenhall Street and expanded their building, also adding a courtyard. The whole was demolished 1964. More information at PANDOSNCO.

Surprisingly difficult to identify the 'Beachcroft' architect. There was a Samuel Beachcroft who enlarged/restored Mortlake church in 1841 but we cannot definitively connect him to the P&O building.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
P&O office 122 Leadenhall Street

Information Commemorated at

Navigation

Given the dates of the sculptor (b.1883) the figure was clearly not on the 18...

Read More

P&O lamp-posts

{On a steel plaque near the lamp-post:} These lamp-posts circa 1890 were orig...

Read More