Building   

Northumberland House - St Martin's le Grand

Categories: Architecture

Northumberland House - St Martin's le Grand

Belonged to King Henry IV who gave it to his wife Queen Jane after which it was called her Wardrobe. It was afterwards a printing-house, and then a tavern. Not to be confused with Northumberland House at Charing Cross.

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Northumberland House - St Martin's le Grand

Commemorated atInformation

Northumberland House - St Martin's le Grand

Site of Northumberland House The Corporation of the City of London

Read More

Other Subjects

Harold A Woodington

Harold A Woodington

Built Royalty Mansions, Soho in 1908.

Person, Architecture

1 memorial
Thomas Cundy

Thomas Cundy

Architect. He could be either Thomas Cundy, senior (1765-1825), or his son; as their careers were closely intertwined. The identity of the portrait on the right is similarly doubtful. Cundy senior ...

Person, Architecture

1 memorial
Barking Abbey

Barking Abbey

Former royal monastery. Founded by St Erkenwald, whose sister, Aethelburg, was the first abbess. Destroyed by the Danes it was rebuilt in the 10th century. William the Conqueror stayed here after h...

Building, Architecture, Religion

1 memorial
Tim Kempster
1 memorial
William Kent

William Kent

Painter, architect, and designer of gardens and interior furnishings. Baptised in Yorkshire, on 1 January 1686. Began as a sign and coach painter. While on the Grand Tour he met his chief patron an...

Person, Architecture, Art, Craft / Design, Gardens / Agriculture

1 memorial