mobile nav

Subject

North London Synagogue

Building  From 1868  To 1958

Categories: Religion

From JCR-UK: The Ashkenazi Orthodox congregation formed in approximately 1860 and initially met in a room in Upper Street. Then used rooms at Barnsbury Hall, 2-4 Barnsbury Street, until 1868 when the Synagogue in John Street West (now Lofting Road) opened. In 1958 this closed and the congregation amalgamated with Dalston Synagogue. 1879 - 1950 the membership varied between 163 and 317 “male seat-holders”.

From the Islington Archaeology & History Society: Designed by architect Hyman Henry Collins (c1833-1905). Foundation stone laid in 1864 by Baron Ferdinand de Rothschild.

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
North London Synagogue

Information Commemorated at

74305

North London Synagogue

North London Synagogue stood on this site, 1868 - 1958. London Borough of Isl...

Read More