North London Synagogue
Building From 1868 To 1958
From JCR-UK: The Ashkenazi Orthodox congregation formed in approximately 1860 and initially met in a room in Upper Street. Then used rooms at Barnsbury Hall, 2-4 Barnsbury Street, until 1868 when the Synagogue in John Street West (now Lofting Road) opened. In 1958 this closed and the congregation amalgamated with Dalston Synagogue. 1879 - 1950 the membership varied between 163 and 317 “male seat-holders”.