mobile nav

Subject

New WImbledon Theatre

Picture source

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

New WImbledon Theatre

Place  From 26/12/1910 

Categories: Theatre

A Grade II listed theatre, which opened originally as just the Wimbledon Theatre. Many famous artistes appeared here between the wars. and the musicals 'Oliver!' and 'Half a Sixpence' premiered here before opening in the west end. It was refurbished in the late 1990s, and after some financial problems, it reopened in 2004 with the addition of 'New' to its name. The golden statue on top of the dome is Laetitia, the Roman goddess of gaiety.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials created by the subject on this page:
New WImbledon Theatre

Information Creations

Jon Pertwee - SW19

Jon Pertwee, 1919 - 1996, actor, entertainer & Time Lord, worked here. Th...

Read More