mobile nav

Subject

Montague House

Picture source

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

Montague House

Building  From 1790  To 1815

Categories: Architecture

Named after the first Duke of Montagu, it was the amalgamation of two late-seventeenth century houses with the addition of Park Corner House. The residence of Caroline of Brunswick, queen consort to King George IV from 1801 to 1813. Demolished in 1815, all that remains is a bath reputedly used by the queen.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Montague House

Information Commemorated at

51729

Montague House

On the sequence of events the plaque is not clear. Caroline married George in...

Read More