Merchant Taylors' School
Building From 1875 To 1933
Founded in 1561 by Sir Thomas White and originally at St Lawrence Pountney, EC4. In 1875 moved to newly built premised at Charterhouse, mainly to enable expansion. But by 1929 it had been decided that London was too dirty and congested and the playing fields were too far away so the school moved to Sandy Lodge, Hertfordshire, selling the site to St Barts Hospital.