mobile nav

Subject

May Fair

May Fair

Event  From 1686  To 1786

Categories: Commerce

The annual 15 day May Fair used to be held at the Haymarket but in 1686 it moved to the site of Curzon Street and Shepherd Market. About 100 years later it was suppressed by the local residents, mainly nobility, who objected to it.

Large sections of this and the surrounding area, now known as Mayfair, has been owned by the Grosvenor family since 1677.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
May Fair

Information Commemorated at

45709

May Fair

On this site stood the historic May Fair.

Read More