The school buildings are still there, on the North Side between Wix's Lane and Taybridge Road. The building dates back to 1792 when it was Byrom House. Sold in 1841, it became The Beeches. 1876 it was sold again and the Manor House School was founded by Dr F. C. Maxwell. It is now part of the Eaton House Group of Schools. Our picture shows the school c. 1900.